Friday, January 3, 2014

A message...

At first I thought I was still dreaming and it was again a nightmare. But when the alarm did not stop, I forced my brain to think why I had set the alarm for 5:45 am. I fought with myself, coming up with any unreasonable excuses my sleepyhead could concoct, still knowing what was committed had to be done.
It took all my will power for me to step out of the bed on the chilly winter floor. After fighting another urge to hop back in the blanket, I started putting on layers and layers of all the clothes in my wardrobe.
Slinging the camera, I stepped out of my room, cursing the camera-the cause of my discomfort today.
Ok… So I was headed to the playground to shoot the early-morning cricket match- a game I’ve always hated.
The ground is 10 mins away, if you walk leisurely on a sweet Sunday afternoon.
But ask me and I still feel it took me 30 minutes and my entire breath to reach there. But once there, I was glad I made it, although a bit late.
Out popped the camera and as I was about to click the first shot, horror struck me.
There was no battery in the camera.
I still remember the feeling. It was worst than plugging-in your cellphone for charging and forgetting to switch it on.
I had still not recovered from the run, yet I started running back towards my room to fetch what was left behind- the SOUL of my camera.
This happened almost a year back.
And now, for this New Year, I have a message.



Never leave your SOUL behind. If you do, you’ll be out there in the cold, running, out of breath to get it back.
You just cannot do without it.
Also, Keep your loved ones close. Never hold a grudge for anyone. Have lots of sunshine… for you never know when the Earth will die.

Keep smiling! J


2 comments: